My sister had a baby about 2 weeks ago and gave birth to one of the most amazing little creatures. Eva Beth is just perfect and I love to love on her. There are 2 events in my life that never cease to amaze me, Birth and Death. I have had the joy to semi-experience both. And by that I mean experiencing a birth and going to a funeral. A couple of things happen that bring me closer to God. I don't rely on these events, but appreciate them when given. I don't see how someone cannot believe in God and look at a newborn baby. It is truly a miracle. And I don't see how you can attend a funeral and not think about your own death. Am I ready? What have I accomplished thus far? What will it be like? Will I have left a footprint on this earth? Will people remember me? Will anyone come to my funeral? Questions like that.
But birth is what got me to write this post and what an amazing gift to get. I am proud of my sister for what all she went through to get this little girl into the world and think she is so strong and Eva and Jon are very lucky to have such a great woman in their lives to live with forever (well, until the death part I talked about earlier).
Being a mom has got to be one of the best titles a woman can own and I hope to be so blessed to have a child with my wonderful husband somewhere down this crazy road called life. So here are some pictures to bombard you with cuteness until I take some more!




Wednesday, November 12, 2008
My Niece
Posted by The Dennis Domain at 5:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Eva misses her Aunt Lauren so much! (Yes, she said so). Thanks for the wonderful post. Of course I am crying here now and feel so blessed to have the best sister in the whole world. I pray you get to enjoy motherhood too one day. Its incredible. And made better with a beautiful little wonder like Eva. The pics are awesome. You're amazing!
Awwww, that was the sweetest post! Only a sister could understand, a true bond that only those that have sisters can experience!
We can't wait to see you guys in January!!!!!
Love, Donna, Jim and Gigi!
Post a Comment