Since September, Josh and I have been mentoring 2 young kids that live in Eastgate in NLR. For Brittney (my little girl) we made Christmas cookies for her Faithfulness award. It was so much fun and such a blessing to be able to do that with her. As she was decorating them, she would immediately eat them. It was pretty hysterical. And I have no idea how she managed to have some left at the end of the night to take home with her. I am pretty sure it was her dinner. (Mine too:)
A picture of the girls about to start baking!!


Josh and I got our Christmas present from Ashley and Kyle early this year at their annual "Festivus" party. Being ever so benevolent, we offered to bring some homemade eggnog. Josh and Ashley love the thick and creamy holiday beverage so we thought it was a good idea. After an inordinate amount of problems with the recipe specifications, Josh and I managed to make a pretty tasty eggnog. We brought our homemade concoction to the party but little did we know, we would get this sweet bowl to put it in. Thanks Ash and Kyle, we love it!!
My seat at the party. Everything was so well prepared, well planned and DELICIOUS!! We had 3 different chili's to choose from, awesome appetizers and some chocolaty dessert! Oh what a night!! It was so fun because we were all assigned seats (see placecard) and were not seated next to our spouse. I thought it might take me a minute to warm up to my soon to be dinner companions, but nope, not our table. We had a blast discussing podometers, how soap works and other mind boggling topics.
At the DD&F Christmas Party, this was Josh with all of his "winnings" I was crying I was laughing so hard!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment