Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Ego is Prego


So my favorite scene in the movie Juno is when she is in the convenient store buying a pregnancy test and 'Dwight' from the Office or Rainn Wilson asks her...."what's your prognosis fertile myrtle, this is your third pregnancy test today mama bear, your ego is prego." Then she shakes it to hurry up the results and then he says, "It ain't no etch a sketch, this is one doodle you can't undid, Homeskillet." Classic. That really is the best part of the entire movie. So really, I just wanted to write an update, let everyone know that everything is GREAT, Fantastic, Super Duper with the pregnancy. No more sinus issues, no more insomnia, no real naseausness...just pregnant. Which now equates to EVERYTHING sounds good to eat and I mean it. I don't eat a ton, just things I haven't had in a long time. A Pimento Cheese sandwich with a cold glass of Nugrape sure does do the trick! I might sound 6 again, but life is good. I think I'm just large, Josh thinks I'm cute...it's great. What is not great is picking out something to wear that makes me look pregnant, but not 500 lbs heavy and not pregnant. It's tricky. For those of you who have been pregnant, I hope to have heard an 'Amen Sista!' at the end of that sentence. Because it is not easy coupling cute with enormous. And I just want to say THANK YOU to my friends and family who have contributed to my 'maternity' wardrobe. For anyone not pregnant and thinking about it anytime in the next 10 years, start saving!! The clothes are expensive and you HAVE to buy them because normal clothes will not fit you unless you are one of the very rare women who gain weight only in your belly and can pull down stretchy pants and stretch out that favorite t-shirt until it looks like it is going to rip. But good luck!!

0 comments: