So I have this wreath that I thought would be a great addition to the front of the house. I bought this a while ago and recently I discovered that the wreath had indeed been hacked into. Much like a computer, I felt a little violated and wondered why they chose to take from me, the small, colorful decoration I had placed on my home.

As I approached my house about a week ago, I noticed small white and red specks on my welcome mat. I figured Josh had unpacked a Styrofoam box or something and left the remains on the front stoop. So naturally, I blamed him for this mishap. He had no idea what I was talking about but he certainly noticed it the next time he came in the front door. As I walked up to the door the following day, a flock of birds quickly flew away from the top of the wreath. Not being the brightest person on this earth, I got mad that they were possibly building a nest in my wreath. As I looked down at the welcome mat, I saw the vestiges of their destruction on the ground. There it was plain as day; remnants of my wreath lying there on our welcome mat. I thought...."they will learn their lesson and stop eating the 'berries' once they figure out it is only styrofoam." As I told Josh this, he quickly retorted with, "really, you think the birds are going to stop eating your berries? The same birds that will run into a glass window so many times they end up killing themselves? Right...." The conversation was over. At this point, the wreath will end up coming down one of two ways; either those skulking vultures will take it down berry by berry or I will have to bring it inside to save it the indignity of being picked to pieces for an afternoon snack. I can only imagine what those pesky critters look like..... I am picturing something out of the movie Birds (which started my distaste for birds in the first place). So ladies, watch your favorite house decorations closely, there may be birds even now watching your every move to determine when you are there and when you aren't in order to ravage your decorations in search of that next delicious snack.


Friday, March 13, 2009
Those durn birds
Posted by The Dennis Domain at 2:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You are hysterical! They haven't attacked my wreath yet, but I'll be on the lookout :)
Post a Comment