Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sawyer Lain Dennis

The day had finally arrived that we were going to have a baby. October 2, 2009, Josh and I headed to the hospital. I had started having contractions about 4 am and they were only about every 20 min, so no big deal, right? So I went into the office for a few hours, ran to the grocery store, got gas and then Josh and I stopped by Chick-Fil-A to get something to eat on the way to the hospital. We actually thought we might be sent home since I wasn't having the contractions close enough together, but the nurse (I had called her earlier) said I should go in and get checked. We ended up staying at the hospital since I continued to progress once I arrived and had Sawyer Lain about 9 hours later.
On the way to the hospital. Exactly 39 weeks.

Checked in and ready to get the party started.

About to start pushing.
Born at exactly midnight!
After 1 hour and 50 min of pushing, we welcomed Sawyer Lain into the world. Born October 3 at 12:00, 7lbs 9oz and 19" long, he was perfect!!

This was how he looked on the drive home.


Sawyer a month later. I can't believe it has been 4 weeks already.



2 comments:

lisa stagg said...

He is beautiful Lauren...can't wait to see him in person!!

Kendall Jones said...

So beautiful, Congrats!!!!